- Based in Taunton, Somerset
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01823 462804.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 3 Hours
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
This course is designed to cover Standard 9 in the Cavendish Care Certificate. The course will expand your understanding of the term Dementia, the challenges faced by caring for an individual that presents with Dementia symptoms and to develop effective communication techniques. the trainer will encourage the group to concentrate on the interpretation of behaviour as well as communication. the course is very interactive and recognisees that there is never one way to deal with someone who has Dementia. The course content includes: Introduction, Ethics and Rights, Types of Dementia, Understanding Dementia, Thinking about how we would like to be Cared for, Barriers to Communication, Person Centred Care and Delivery.
Course provider details
- Step Ahead Training
- Member Since: 06/11/2014
Other courses from Step Ahead Training
- Level 3 Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Awareness of Dementia Level 2 Award
- Level 3 Unit in Assessing Competence In the Work Environment
- Food Hygiene for Care Staff
- Principles of Safe Moving and Handling of Peolpe.