- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01454 868963.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Two days (9.30-16.30)
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
This Mental Health First Aid course will cover help needed to give to someone experiencing a mental health problem before professional help is obtained.
The aims of Mental Health First Aid are:
- To preserve life where a person may be a danger to themselves or others
- To provide help to prevent the mental health problems developing into a more serious state
- To promote the recovery of good mental health
- To provide comfort to a person experiencing a mental health problem
Mental Health First Aid does not teach people to be therapists. However, it does teach people how to recognise the symptoms of mental health problems, how to provide initial help and how to guide a person towards appropriate help.
The course is aimed at anyone with an interest in promoting positive emotional and mental health.
Course provider details
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Member Since: 06/05/2014
Other courses from South Gloucestershire Council
- Depression and Older Adults
- Understanding Personality Disorders
- Basic Clinical Skills Training
- Essential Skills for Dignity in Care
- Promoting Health and Wellbeing in Services for Older People