- Based in Hereford
West Midlands,South West,Wales
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01432 383678.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 7 hours
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Churchill House, Venns Lane, Hereford HR1 1DE
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: 7 June 2017
Care and support workers need to know how to assist their clients to move safely and with dignity. This course should therefore be undertaken in advance of working with clients in order to protect both the worker and the individual using the service.
The course includes theory and practical elements of moving and handling and utilises a wide range of techniques. Care and support workers will then need to be observed and supervised back in their workplace as part of their ongoing induction programme.
This course meets the learning outcomes of standard 13.3 of the new Care Training Certificate.
Who is it for?
This course is for all staff who assist clients with any of the following activities:
- Assisting to stand
- Supporting in and out of vehicles
- Help with moving from bed to chair, from chair to the toilet or commode
- Help to get up from the floor following falls
- Pushing wheelchairs, use of hoists, etc
- Moving & Handling Refreshers – held annually
- Moving & handling Expert Evaluator
A Moving and Handling Assessment Profile is completed by each learner.
Course provider details
- Hoople Ltd
- Member Since: 08/07/2015
Other courses from Hoople Ltd
- Epilepsy Awareness
- Moving and Handling Expert Evaluator Refresher
- Paediatric First Aid (Level 3) 2 Days
- Emergency Paediatric First Aid (Level 3)
- Food Safety in Catering (Level 2)