- Based in Hereford
West Midlands,South West,Wales
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01432 383678.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Churchill House, Hereford HR1 1DE
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: 2 February 2017
Care and support workers must know how to assist clients to move safely and with dignity. This course should be undertaken in advance of working with clients in order to protect both the worker and the individual using the service.
The course includes both theory and practical elements and uses a wide range of techniques. Care and support workers will then need to be observed and supervised back in their workplace as part of their on-going induction programme.
Who is it for?
All staff who assist clients with any of the following activities:
- Assisting to stand
- Supporting in and/or out of vehicles
- Help with moving from bed to chair, from chair to toilet or commode
- Help to get up from the floor following falls
- Pushing wheelchairs, use of hoists, etc
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify key legislation that relates to the moving and handling of people
- Describe general principles that promote good practice in load management
- Demonstrate how to move and assist individuals and objects safely as detailed on course assessment forms that are relevant to the setting
- Demonstrate how to move and assist individuals in a way that supports dignity and safe practice
- Explain the use of safe systems of work and care plans in relation to assisting to move and support individuals
- Explain the importance of reporting any changes to individuals in relation to moving and handling
- Complete work-based assessments of practice to complete the care training certificate/induction
This course can be delivered in-house, if required.