- Based in London
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0844 870 4237.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Dependent upon requirements
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
Our Enteral Care and Feeding (Nasogastric and/or PEG/J tube) will enable staff to have an understanding of enteral feeding, enteral devices, how they work and the care that the individual will require to safely manage their nutritional requirements. The training course covers the basics on correct feed and medication administration, via enteral devices, including NG, PEG, PEJ tubes etc., management and general daily care of both the individual and the equipment.
- The purpose of enteral feeding
- Indications for use specifically relating to nutrition and feeding
- Insertion and change procedures
- The procedures for feeding and administering medications
- Recognising, dealing with and reporting complications
- Care and maintenance
For more in-depth or specific information, please contact us regarding your requirements.
3 to 6 hours
About the tutor:
Our Enteral Care and Feeding (Nasogastric and/or PEG/J tube) training courses are delivered by subject matter experts within the field, this include Registered Nurses and Paramedics. Our tutors are not only experienced within their clinical specialism but also adult education and teaching principles, meaning that their sessions are enjoyable, fun and informative.
About the attending delegates:
Our Enteral Care and Feeding (Nasogastric and/or PEG/J tube) training course is suitable for a wide range of individuals including:
- Health Care Support Workers
- Registered Nurses and Allied Health Care Professionals
About the assessment and course achievement:
Our Enteral Care and Feeding (Nasogastric and/or PEG/J tube) training course is able to provide evidence of achievement and competence. All attending delegates will have to successfully complete a knowledge and practical assessment before being awarded our certification valid for 2 years.
Course provider details
- Guardian Angels
- Member Since: 07/11/2016
Other courses from Guardian Angels
- Cervical Screening/Cytology Sample Taker Refresher
- Administration of Rescue Medication (Buccal Midazolam)
- ECG Takers (including basic interpretation)
- Allergies, Anaphylaxis and the Administration of an Auto-Injector of Adrenaline (Epipen, Jext, Emerade)
- Dysphagia and Safe Swallowing