- Based in Chelmsford
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01245 357132.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 4 hours
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
Help your carers make sure the older people in their care are well fed and watered. Sadly the signs signs of malnutrition and dehydration can be easily missed. Malnutrition in many older people goes unnoticed for a long time. As for dehydration, most older people don’t drink enough.
This nutrition and hydration in older people in care experience course is designed to provide an introduction on how best to enable service users to choose and consume balanced food and drink by mouth on a daily basis.
The aim of this nutrition and hydration course is to show those who attend how to support a healthy diet and good hydration for those in their care.
By he end of the course will be able to identify:
1. The things that affect food choices in older people
2. A range of key nutrients and their functions in older people
3. The daily energy and hydration needs in older people
4. The early signs of dehydration and malnutrition in older people
5. How to use the M.U.S.T. Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool
6. The importance of supporting professionals and eating aids available in care
Group discussion, feedback and a guided meal time experience with Stuffem Care “the care team you don’t want in your organisation!
Course provider details
- The Health Care Training Company
- Member Since: 14/08/2015
Other courses from The Health Care Training Company
- Promoting physical activity & mobility in older people
- The activity therapist’s intensive training bundle – Elearning
- Memory Training: Reducing the Effect of Dementia & Mild Cognitive Loss
- Chair Based Exercise Training Course
- Lone Working Course