- Based in Northamptonshire
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0800 012 6085.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Half Day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
What’s covered during the day?
This course will be delivered by one of our leading tutors who has many years of experience within the field and will prepare delegates with skills, knowledge and understanding required to carry out oral suctioning on service users. Time will be spent learning about the legal and professional implications of carrying out this practice.
- What is Oral Suctioning?
- When is Oral Suctioning indicated?
- Contraindication to Oral Suctioning
- Adverse effects of suctioning
- Anatomy & Physiology of the upper airway
- Checks required before Oral Suctioning
- Application of Oral Suctioning
- Areas to monitor post Oral Suctioning
- Disposal of and Cleaning of used equipment
- Reporting and Dealing with Faulty equipment
Delegates will be assessed continuously throughout the session by the Tutor in order to be issued with a Certificate of Attendance valid for 3 years.
Course provider details
- Ashfield Consultancy Ltd
- Member Since: 16/05/2016
Other courses from Ashfield Consultancy Ltd
- Catheterisation (Male, Female & Supra Pubic) 1 Day Course with Simulated Competency Assessment
- Health & Safety
- Pain Management
- Wound Management – Tissue Viability
- Diabetes Management