- Based in Hereford
West Midlands,South West,Wales
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01432 383678.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Churchill House, Hereford HR1 1DE
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: 27 February 2017 and 28 February 2017
This accredited qualification is for those who are designated first aiders to care for children. It provides a basic knowledge and the practical skills required to assess, identify, diagnose, treat and seek appropriate medical help for a variety of possible illnesses and injuries.
Who is it for?
Staff designated as first aiders to care for children according to Department of Health/Education and Children’s Services guidelines. It is suitable for nursery workers, assistants, school staff, vocational learners and playgroup workers.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the role of the first aider including reference to the use of available equipment and the need to record incidents and actions
- Understand the importance of basic hygiene in first aid procedures
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in seizure
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation promptly and effectively
- Administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and/or in shock
- Administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is choking
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries including cuts, burns and scalds
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of childhood illnesses
This course can be delivered in-house, if required.