- Based in Bude, Cornwall
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0845 230 6880.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual
This course is ideal for those who wish to develop a greater understanding of palliative care (sometimes also referred to as ‘end-of-life care’ or ‘care of the dying’). Palliative care is the care given to a person with an advanced, life-limiting illness, for which there is no cure.
The Palliative Care course seeks to provide the candidate with a greater understanding of what palliative care involves and how the candidate can best support their patient’s needs from a physical, emotional, and spiritual perspective. It also includes information on the support for relatives and friends, both during the person’s illness and after their death in the form of bereavement care.
The award aims to:
- Establish the definition of palliative care
- Explore the common questions and themes
- Inform the learner of the range of possible approaches to Palliative Care
- Assist in supporting familial, spiritual, social and emotional needs
- Awareness of principles of pain management
- Preparation for confronting issues associated with death and bereavement
Course provider details
- Stonebridge College
- Member Since: 30/01/2015
Other courses from Stonebridge College
- Dementia Awareness eLearning
- Mental Health & Social Care
- Working in the Health Sector
- Lifespan Development in a Mixed Economy of Care
- Moving and Handling Clients Safely