- Based in Newcastle under Lyme
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01782 563333.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
This PEG feed training course aims to familiarise students with PEG Feeding (Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy)’s methods and reasons. This is a vital training course for any staff who come into contact regularly with service users who utilise a PEG.
Our PEG feed training course will familiarise and raise awareness to staff with both analogue and digital machines, ensuring that the staff have sufficient knowledge to work safely with them.
Please note: This PEG Feeding training course includes a practical session, we will supply both an analogue and a digital PEG machine for staff to use, however if you have a specific machine you require training on you will need to provide access to it for the duration of the course.
PEG Feeding Training Course will cover:
- The purpose of PEG feeding
- Conditions which may require a PEG
- Indications and contra indications of PEG
- The procedures for feeding and administering medications via PEG
- Recognising, dealing with and reporting complications
- The care and maintenance of enteral feeding tubes
- Procedures for effective mouth care
- Competency framework
- Documentation and record keeping
- Practical session
On completion delegates will be able to demonstrate a much improved awareness of PEG feeding including the needs, causes and requirements. Delegates will also be to handle the PEG machines and associated tubing and administering feed confidently.
Upon completion delegates will be issued with a certificate of classroom competency providing they have demonstrated the sufficient skill and understanding throughout the duration of the class. Workplace competency certificates can be issued providing observation, assessment and evidence is demonstrated and received within 6 months of delegates attending the course, If you require any assistance on this please contact us.
Course provider details
- Caring For Care
- Member Since: 22/05/2015
Other courses from Caring For Care
- Safer People Handling Training 1 Day
- Safer Medication Handling Training Level 2
- Basic Observation Training
- Epilepsy Medication Training
- Infection Control Training Level 1