- Based in Ipswich
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01473 381444.
Training Course Details
- This course has been sold
- Course Length: Full Day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Awarding Body: CPD Accredited Certificate of Attendance and a learning tool.
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Hubbard Way, 2 Civic Drive, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 2QA
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: 12/01/2017 13/02/2017 20/03/2017
Course Code: LPEG101
This course is aimed Nurses at all healthcare professionals looking after patients who utilise a PEG tube. Upon successful completion of this course, delegate(s)/learner(s) may want to use it as evidence of a formal CPD Record to their employer, professional body or regulator
(* This course equates to 7 CPD points/Hours/Credits)
- Demonstrate awareness of PEG feeding and medication administration.
- Demonstrate understanding of the common causes for requiring a PEG and how to safely and effectively care for those who have one.
- Demonstrate how to use pumps and giving sets to administer feed.
- The purpose of PEG feeding
- Medical conditions which may lead to PEG insertions.
- Indications and contra indications of PEG
- Feeding and administering medications via PEG
- Identification, dealing with and reporting complications
- The care and maintenance of enteral feeding tubes
- Mouth care
- Record keeping
- Practical session
HOW TO BOOK
- Book Online (www.locums4care.com)
- Complete an Online Enquiry Form (E: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Telephone our Office (T: 01473 381444)
Course provider details
- Member Since: 27/07/2016
Other courses from Locums4care
- 2 Day Mandatory & Statutory Course for Nurses
- Bowel Care Management
- Basic Life Support Training (BLS)
- 1 Day Mandatory & Statutory Training for Nurses
- Tracheostomy Care in the Community Training