- Based in Wolverhampton
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01902 238228.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Half day
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Wolverhampton
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: Saturday 25th February 2017
- Venue Option 2 - Location: Wolverhampton
- Venue Option 2 - Dates: Wednesday 12th April 2017
- Venue Option 3 - Location: Manchester
- Venue Option 3 - Dates: Thursday 11th May 2017
Ideal for both new practitioners wishing to gain a new skill and for experienced practitioners wishing to enhance and refine their skills, this course will give delegates all the necessary skills to perform safe and confident peripheral venous cannulation.
Under the expert guidance of our instructors, all of whom have many years practice in a clinical setting, you will learn easy-to-apply techniques and sensible practical advice to help you achieve competence and confidence .
You will learn about:
- Legal and professional requirements
- Peripheral venous anatomy
- Vein selection and rationalising
- Safe insertion techniques
- Non-touch techniques and infection prevention
- Sharps injury management
You will be provided with a simulated competency workbook and a CPD competency document to support you in practice.
This course is CPD Certified.
*These courses are held on the same day as our venepuncture courses. A discount is available to delegates who undertake both modules on the same day
Course provider details
- Diamond Resuscitation Services UK
- Member Since: 29/01/2015
Other courses from Diamond Resuscitation Services UK
- Basic Life Support (Including Anaphylaxis)
- Dental Basic Life Support and Emergencies
- Venepuncture and Cannulation Course
- Moving and Handling (combined)
- ECG Recording and Interpretation Masterclass