- Based in Ipswich
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01473 381444.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Half Day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Awarding Body: CPD Accredited Certificate of Attendance and a learning tool.
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Hubbard Way, 2 Civic Drive, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 2QA
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: 27/01/2017 15/02/2017 15/03/2017
PRESSURE CARE MANAGEMENT:
All Healthcare workers involved in the care of patients.
Following training, the learner should be able to:
- List the causes of pressure areas
- Describe the process of skin assessment
- List the classifications of skin ulcers
- Explain the prevention and management of pressure areas
- Understand Person centred care in relation to pressure care.
- Identification of those at risk
- Physiology of the skin including pressure points
- Understanding the care plan
- Equipment & Interventions for prevention of pressure ulcers.
- Grading/Description of ulcers/pressure sores
- Body mapping
- Pressure care – footwear, Skincare; seating
- Incontinence and Skin care
- Documentation and reporting of pressure ulcers.
Duration: Half Day (0930 – 1330Hrs)
Course Cost: £70
The course is equivalent to 5 CPD Points/Hours
Upon completion of the course, the candidate will receive a CPD Accredited Certificate of Attendance and a learning tool.
Course provider details
- Member Since: 27/07/2016
Other courses from Locums4care
- 1 Day Mandatory & Statutory Training for Nurses
- Stroke and caring for the patient after a stroke.
- Basic Life Support Training (BLS)
- Venepuncture & Cannulation
- 2 Day Mandatory & Statutory Course for Nurses