- Based in Taunton, Somerset
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01823 462804.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 4 hours
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
The aim of the course is to provide you with an understanding of the guidelines, principles and practicalities of safe manual handling in the care workplace. this course is divided in to two parts: Part 1 – concentrates on the theory of manual handling practice where we will look at the effects of weight through bad practice and subsequent consequence’s of back injuries. Legislation concerned with manual handling and how this effects both you and the company you work for. you will also be given an insight to the makeup of the spine, the common cause of back pain, risks involved in manual handling and how to avoid injuries by conducting risk assessments. Part 2 – is practical- based and using the knowledge gained from part 1 of the course, the trainer will provide instruction on how to use equipment safely and to gain confidence in using the equipment. Giving you a chance to practice those skills on their other course members.
Course provider details
- Step Ahead Training
- Member Since: 06/11/2014
Other courses from Step Ahead Training
- Mental Health, Demntia and Learning Disabilities Awareness
- Food Hygiene for Care Staff
- Awareness of Dementia Level 2 Award
- QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 2
- Level 3 Award in End of Life Care.