- Based in Bristol
East Midlands,West Midlands,South West,Wales
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0117 3308119.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Three Hours
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
This Problem Solving Approach to Communication with Elderly Residents workshop is run by a practicing registered Speech and Language Therapist.
We will look at the following issues:
- What is communication? How exactly do we communicate ourselves and how do we receive the communication from others?
- The importance of communication / what would it be like to loose the ability to communicate well?
- What can cause a breakdown in communication? How is a person’s ability to communicate altered by various medical conditions such as dementia, stroke, Parkinson’s disease or hearing impairment?
- How to solve communication problems – How you can improve your communication with the people in your home (and how you can allow them to communicate easier with you)!
The facilitator of this workshop will be happy to explore the communication issues surrounding particular residents if required.
The session usually works best when it is a forum to share best practice.
Participants are encouraged to discuss what they have found works for them when communicating with people in the home.
The cost of this session is £195 for as many people as you can get into a room in your home!
Course provider details
- Good Communication Group
- Member Since: 09/07/2014
Other courses from Good Communication Group
- A Guide to Caring for People who have Parkinson’s disease
- Choking Prevention and other Eating, Drinking and Swallowing Problems in the Elderly
- Communication Issues in End of Life Care
- A Guide to Caring for People who have had a Stroke or a T.I.A.
- A Speech and Language Therapist’s Guide to Better Communication in Dementia Care