- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01454 868963.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Half day (9.00-13.00)
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
This Promoting Health and Wellbeing in Services for Older People is a half day session that aims to give staff who work in South Gloucestershire the basic knowledge and information, to enable those people in their care to remain as independent as possible.
It will include:
- Falls prevention: the causes of falls and what we can do to prevent them.
- Health and wellbeing
- The Ageing process.
- Physiotherapy and exercise to improve balance.
- Bone health and osteoporosis.
- Safety in the home setting.
- Healthy eating and physical activity.
- Available services and projects for older people.
- Keeping warm and well.
This course is aimed at Health and Social Care “frontline” staff who work with older people in their own homes, e.g. Home Carers, Health Care Assistants.
Managers/Supervisors working in Care Homes and it is facilitated by Fiona O’Driscoll: Specialist Health Improvement Practitioner (South Glos Council) and Jackie Strang: Falls Coordinator/Physiotherapist (South Glos NBT NHS).
Course provider details
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Member Since: 06/05/2014
Other courses from South Gloucestershire Council
- Signalong Foundation Course
- Housing Related Support: An Overview
- Being Person-Centred
- Mental Health Awareness
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment