- Based in Bude, Cornwall
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0845 230 6880.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual
The Home Office acting in conjunction with the Department of Health produced “No Secrets”. This offered “Guidance on developing and implementing multi-agency policies and procedures to protect vulnerable adults from abuse”. This Protecting Vulnerable Adults from Abuse in Social Care course uses the suggestions made in “No Secrets” as a foundation for building a more detailed study of this area of Social Care. It incorporates new Common Law practices and reflects the Youth Justice and Criminal Evidence Act, 1999; “Achieving Best Evidence in Criminal Proceedings.” and “Making Decisions”. It also recognises an important developing role of “Age Concern” as a support body for vulnerable older people.
- What is “No Secrets?”
- Human Rights Act 1998
- Inter-Disciplinary Approaches to Good Practice
- Stakeholders in “No Secrets”
- Where can Abuse Take Place?
- The Law Relating to Domestic Violence
- Consolidating the Issues and Setting the Agenda for Implementation
- Risk, Capacity and Outcome
Course provider details
- Stonebridge College
- Member Since: 30/01/2015
Other courses from Stonebridge College
- Caring for Older People
- Health and Social Care Course
- Health and Social Care (Adults) Diploma QCF Level 3
- Caring At Home
- Moving and Handling Clients Safely