- Based in Romford, Essex
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0843 886 0310.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual
This QCF Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement course is approved by Focus Awards and has been designed for those who want to have the flexibility of assessing learners in both a classroom and work environment. It is a combination of both courses outlined above. This is ideal if you have teaching or training experience and want to maximise your chance of getting a job. We do not advise this course if you have never worked with learners within a classroom environment and do not have a placement to do so.
Unit 1 – Understanding the principles and practice of assessment (3 credits)
This is the foundation of the course as it will equip you with all the knowledge and understanding you need to become a very good Assessor. You will use these principles and practices throughout your career as an Assessor.
Unit 2 – Assessing competence in the work environment (6 credits)
This is the second unit of this course where you will learn how to practically assess learners within a work environment following approved standards and criteria and using valid methods of assessment.
Unit 3 – Assessing vocationally related achievement (6 credits)
This is the final unit of this course where you will learn how to practically assess learners within a classroom environment following approved standards and criteria and using valid methods of assessment designed for classroom assessment.
- Be competent in your field, the subject your want to assess
- Level 2 written and spoken English (Equivalent to GCSE A-C)
- Basic understanding of assessment
- IT literate (Internet, Microsoft office)
- Able to understand and interpret course materials
- Self-motivated and willing to complete and achieve
- Have access to people you can assess within the work environment
- Have a qualified Assessor or IQA who can provide an expert witness of how you assess learners within the work environment (if not call us and we will help)
- Be working within the teaching or training industry
- Or have access to learners you can assess in a classroom
- The course is delivered online through our cutting edge “ilearn it easy” portal
- Our professionally written course materials will teach and guide you step by step
- You will have dedicated Assessors who will provide support and assess your work
- You will be assessed through a series of questions to assess your knowledge
- Unit 2 will be assessed through you practically assessing learners in a work environment and producing the evidence through work products
- Unit 3 will be assessed through you practically assessing learners in a classroom environment and producing the evidence through work products
- You will also be observed for unit 2 and 3
Course provider details
- Great Achievers Limited
- Member Since: 14/10/2015
Other courses from Great Achievers Limited
- QCF Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices (IQA)
- QCF Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment (AWE)
- QCF Level 4 Award in the External Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices (EQA)
- QCF Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET – New PTTLS)
- QCF Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally related Achievement (AVA)