- Based in Romford, Essex
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0843 886 0310.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual
This QCF Level 4 Award in the External Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices (EQA) course is approved by Focus Awards and has been designed for those who want to work as EQA for an awarding organisation (AO) or within external quality assurance in any industry. An EQA for an AO monitor the quality of assessments delivered by training centres ensuring the qualifications are delivered in line with the regulatory requirements, as an EQA you will also provide centres with guidance and support and current industry expertise. Before you take this course you will need to identify which in which industry your expertise is, for example: generic (Management, business and customer service courses), Health & Social care, Beauty, Childcare, etc… You are allowed to have more than one industry.
The problem for most learners working towards an EQA qualification is finding a placement within an awarding organisation for their observation assessment, with Great Achievers you do not need to worry about that, as we have partnered with our Awarding organisation and your placement is guaranteed for your competence assessment, isn’t that great!!!
If you monitor and maintain or would like to maintain the quality of assessment from outside an organisation, this course is for you.
Unit 1 – Understanding the Principles and Practice of Externally Assuring the Quality of Assessment (6 credits)
This is the foundation of the course as it will equip you with all the knowledge and understanding you need to become a very good External Quality Assurer. You will use these principles and practices throughout your career as an EQA and also apply them during your unit 2 assessment.
Unit 2 – Externally Assure the Quality of Assessment (6 credits)
This is the final unit of this course where you will learn how to practically plan and carry out EQA activities to monitor and maintain the quality of assessment processes according to standards and criteria on behalf of an awarding organisation. You will have the opportunity of planning and externally quality assure the assessment process and practice of a training centre.
This course can be completed within 6 months depending at what pace you want to work. Being an online course, you have access to all materials and assessment requirements and can work at your own pace therefore determining the time frame within which you complete.
If you enrol on the standard option you can complete within 6 months to one year, and you will be provided with a placement within 6 months for your observation carrying out EQA activities.
If you are one of those who want to go through this course at a quicker pace so you can start working and earning ASAP, then you should go for the fast track option, where your placement for your practical assessment is arranged within 2 months, therefore allowing you to complete the qualification within 3-4 months or sooner. Call us and speak to our Course Advisor if you are interested in the fast track option.
- Be competent in your field, the subjects you are competent to assess and monitor
- Hold an Assessor and IQA qualification (recommended)
- Level 4 written and spoken English
- IT literate (Internet, Microsoft office)
- Able to understand and interpret course materials
- Self-motivated and willing to complete and achieve
- Basic understanding of quality assurance
- The course is delivered online through our cutting edge ilearn student portal
- Our professionally written course materials will teach and guide you step by step
- You will have dedicated Assessor who will provide support and assess your work
- You will also practically accompany a qualified EQA to a centre for your practical observation
- You will be assessed through a series of questions to assess your knowledge
- Unit 2 will be assessed through you practically quality assuring assessment and producing the evidence through work products
- You will also be observed for unit 2
Course provider details
- Great Achievers Limited
- Member Since: 14/10/2015
Other courses from Great Achievers Limited
- QCF Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET – New PTTLS)
- QCF Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally related Achievement (AVA)
- QCF Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices (IQA)
- QCF Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CVA)
- QCF Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment (AWE)