- Based in Chelmsford
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01245 357132.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 1 Day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
Reminiscence therapy for those with dementia works when little other activities will. The reason why, is simple. When you reminisce long term memories are accessed. The same part of the memory that stays intact longest in those with dementia. I can sum up the secrets of great reminiscence activities in two words. Good questions.
However the real trick is creating subjects and questions that have meaning to those using your service. That don’t traumatise or open up old wounds in those taking part.
I help activities providers working in the community, supported living, sheltered housing and care homes to create and deliver great reminisce and life histories. Co-ordinators can spend from a day to three days learning how.
The aim of the reminiscence therapy and dementia course is to provide those who attend the skills needed to develop and lead reminiscence and life history work.
The Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course those who attend will be able to:
1. Provide person centered activity programmes
2. Facilitate life history sessions
3. Facilitate group and one to one reminiscence sessions
Course provider details
- The Health Care Training Company
- Member Since: 14/08/2015
Other courses from The Health Care Training Company
- Chair Based Exercise Training Course
- Memory Training: Reducing the Effect of Dementia & Mild Cognitive Loss
- Falls Prevention Advanced Practice Train the Trainer
- The activity therapist’s intensive training bundle-live
- Coaching & supervision – Practical team leader training