- Based in Chelmsford
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01245 357132.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 1 day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
The aim of the course is to give care workers the skills and understanding to respond to and manage challenging behaviour in those with dementia.
This responding to challenging behaviour in those with dementia course is in two parts. The morning sessions look at what its like to be old, fragile and feel vulnerable. The afternoon builds on this to focuses on the practical management of challenging behaviour in those with dementia.
The course was originally created for a residential care provider who supported those with mid to late dementia. They wanted to increase the amount of empathy shown by staff when responding to the distressed and agitated residents in their care. The course is now mandatory training for all new care team members.
By the end of the day students will be able to identify:
1. The physical impact of aging on service users
2. The emotional impact of aging and dementia on service users
3. The precursors, triggers and escalation of a variety of challenging behaviours
4. How to minimise the effects of challenging behaviours
5. The appropriate management methods for a variety of challenging behaviours
6. How to improve team performance in the management of challenging behaviour
Students are taught using props to mimic the ageing process, group work and discussion.
The use and type of physical interventions is a agreed with the purchaser before delivery.
Course provider details
- The Health Care Training Company
- Member Since: 14/08/2015
Other courses from The Health Care Training Company
- Coaching & supervision – Practical team leader training
- Lone Working Course
- Filling Beds (Practical marketing and sales for care home managers)
- Memory Training: Reducing the Effect of Dementia & Mild Cognitive Loss
- Nutrition and hydration in older people in care experience