- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01454 868963.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 2 hour sessions
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
The multi-agency South Gloucestershire Safeguarding Adults Board oversees the Joint Policy and Procedures for Safeguarding Adults in this area. It is essential that a wide range of staff working in local authority, health and social care agencies are fully aware of the key issues in safeguarding vulnerable adults and of how the policy affects them in their front-line roles.
The Safeguarding Adults Alerter (Support Staff) 2 hour course is essential training for all support staff who are involved in providing services to safeguard vulnerable adults but do not work directly with service users.
The course content is closely linked to relevant Competencies in the local South Glos Safeguarding Adults Competency Framework. Course attendance is monitored by the Safeguarding Adults Board.
The course will give participants:
- An awareness of the types of abuse which staff may spot
- An understanding of what to do if staff suspect abuse is taking place
- An overview/awareness of the Joint Policy/Procedure, especially the initial stages, and others’ roles in operating these
- A better understanding of abuse, so staff feel less reluctant to act upon any concerns or suspicions they may subsequently have
The course will provide knowledge evidence against relevant National Occupational Standards, and all participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Staff who work directly with service users should attend the half-day Safeguarding Adults Alerter course.
Course provider details
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Member Since: 06/05/2014
Other courses from South Gloucestershire Council
- Mental Capacity Act Training Programme
- Signalong Foundation Course
- Health, Safety and Personal Care
- Epilepsy Refresher
- Promoting Health and Wellbeing in Services for Older People