- Based in Hereford
West Midlands,South West,Wales
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01432 383678.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Churchill House, Hereford HR1 1DE
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: 7 March 2017
This course uses a blended learning approach and a variety of learning activities to increase awareness of the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards in day to day practice.
The session will provide the underpinning knowledge elements of the Herefordshire Safeguarding Adults’ Board’s new competency framework, MCA Competencies 32-38.
Evidence from this course can be used by attendees to demonstrate knowledge.
At the end of this course learners will be able to:
- Briefly describe the Mental Capacity Act, who it applies to and the impact on their day to day practice
- Explain what a mental capacity assessment is and how they are carried out
- List who the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards apply to
- Describe the process for authorisation and assessment
- Briefly explain the role of Court of Protection
This course can be delivered in-house, if required.