- Based in
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01273 499109.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: CPD hours: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual
This Introduction to Safeguarding Children Level 1 e-learning course will help to ensure that all people working with or who have contact with children and young people are equipped to carry out their safeguarding responsibilities effectively.
This Safeguarding Children Level 1 e-learning course is intended for staff who fall into the following work groups:
Group 1: Staff who are in infrequent contact with children, young people and / or parents / carers and who may become aware of possible abuse or neglect.
Group 2: Those in regular contact or have a period of intense but irregular contact, with children, young people and / or parents / carers, who may be in a position to identify concerns about maltreatment, including those that may arise from the use of a common / early help assessment.
Please note: if you fall within the three work groups outlined below, you would need to complete additional training.
Group 3: Members of the workforce who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could potentially contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and reviewing the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns.
Group 4: Members of the workforce who are responsible for making safeguarding referrals to the Police and Children’s Social Care
Group 5: Members of the workforce who have particular responsibilities in relation to undertaking section 47 enquiries, including professionals police and children’s social care; those who work with complex cases and social work staff responsible for co-ordinating assessments of children in need.
Please note: If you were in groups 3 to 5 above, you would need to complete the following course instead:
• Safeguarding Children – for Health (Staff Group Levels 3, 4, 5 and 6)
About this course
Upon successful completion of this course you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name, completion date, CPD hours and learning objectives.
The course contains additional resource materials, useful links and a refresher guide.
This course will enable you to:
• Learn the background and legal basis for safeguarding
• Understand the importance of serious case reviews
• Understand the origins and core functions of Local Safeguarding Children’s Boards
• Know what is meant by safeguarding and child protection
• Learn the definition of child protection and child abuse
• Understand the concept of significant harm
• Learn the key principles of child protection
• Know what to do if child abuse is suspected
• Know who abuses children
• Learn the definitions of physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse and neglect
• Know the causes of abuse
• Learn how to recognise signs of abuse from the victim and perpetrator
• Know the effects of abuse on children
• Learn how to and how not to respond to concern that a child is at risk of harm
• Know what information to record
• Know what to do if you have concern
• Learn how to respond to a disclosure or allegation of abuse or neglect
Course provider details
- Me Learning
- Member Since: 10/09/2015
Other courses from Me Learning
- Domestic Abuse e-learning
- Care Certificate e-learning – Assessor Training
- Care Certificate e-learning – Full Training Suite
- Health and Safety in the Workplace e-learning
- Information Governance e-learning