- Based in Monmouth
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0330 6600 451.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 3 Hours
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
To introduce learners to the subject of Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults.
At the end of the session the learner will be able to:
- Explain what a vulnerable adult is
- Describe the categories of abuse
- Describe the signs of abuse
- Explain the procedure to deal with abuse
- Describe the relevant law and legislation
- Applicable legislation – The Human Rights Act 1998, The Mental Capacity Act 2005 (DoLS), The Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006, The Mental Health Act 1983 (2007), The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (2012)
- Safeguarding Adults Principles
- What is safeguarding?
- The safeguarding process
- What is a vulnerable adult?
- Who are the perpetrators?
- Categories or abuse – Discriminatory, Sexual, Physical, Financial, Emotional, Neglect, Institutional
- Signs of abuse
- How to deal with a disclosure
Course provider details
- Healthcare Training & Consultancy
- Member Since: 12/03/2015
Other courses from Healthcare Training & Consultancy
- Level 2 Award in Hygiene in Health & Social Care
- Level 2 Award in H&S in Health & Social Care
- Moving and Handling People
- Introduction to Mental Health Course
- Learning Disabilities Training