- Based in Newcastle under Lyme
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01782 563333.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
This safer people handling training 1 day course aims to reduce the risk of injury to both services user and the staff members. The course will identify correct technique and best practice.
Safer People Handling Training Course will cover:
- Awareness of Legislation including Health and Safety at Work Act, PUWER, LOLER, Manual Handling Regulations Operations (1992)
- Duties and Responsibilities of Employer and Employee
- Anatomy of Spine
- Risk Assessment using safe principles T.I.L.E.E
- Reducing risk and removing hazards
- Understanding R.I.D.D.O.R
- Safe use of correct equipment
- Knowledge of dangerous moves
- Ability Test
- Chair Moves to stand and chair to chair transfer
- Slings – inserting whilst in bed/in a wheelchair
- Hoist – bed to chair transfer
On completion delegates will be able to demonstrate correct techniques and best practice confidently for safer people moving and handling.