- Based in Hereford
West Midlands,South West,Wales
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01432 383678.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: 1 March 2017
This workshop style programme has been developed to help schools and academies incorporate into their recruitment and selection processes measures that deter, reject or identify people who are unsuited to work with children.
The workshop meets the statutory requirements of Keeping Children Safe in Education (DfE 2014) and course content has been developed by a consortium appointed by the Department for Education, including the NSPCC and the Lucy Faithfull Foundation.
Who is it for?
Staff in schools or academies who are responsible for the recruitment of staff.
The workshop builds on recommendations from Bichard (2004) and Warner (1992) reports. On completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Gain an awareness and understanding of offender behaviour
- Identify the key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people
- Consider policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting
- Explore the elements that contribute to an ongoing culture of vigilance
- Help participants begin to review their own and their school’s/academy’s policies and practices with a view to making them safer