- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0117 941 5859.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 1 Day
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Bristol
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: 20 & 21 June 2017
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills (ASIST) training is a two-day interactive programme in suicide first aid, developed by LivingWorks Education. ASIST provides an evidence based structure to make a first aid response to someone with thoughts of suicide. It is a collaborative model and aims to work with the person to stay ‘safe for now’. The ASIST model can be used by staff working in a range of settings to provide the understanding and skills to intervene effectively. ASIST can also enhance the skills of people with a lot of experience on suicide prevention. The training is endorsed by the Dept of Health and is delivered nationally as part of the national suicide prevention strategy.
Over the course of the two-day workshop, participants learn to:
- Understand the ways personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
- Provide guidance and suicide first-aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
- Recognise other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
Group Size: 15-30
Participants receive a workbook and certification from LivingWorks Education
Price stated does not include VAT.