- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01454 868963.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Two days (9.00-17.00)
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
Signalong is the signing system being used for Adults with Learning Difficulties in South Gloucestershire.
Signalong is a sign supported language system based on British Sign Language. It is user friendly and once you have attended a course you can access vocabulary according to your needs.
This free Signalong Foundation Course course is open to anyone working with adults with learning difficulties and is run by Margaret Purcell and Jenny Horn, Speech and Language Therapists.
You will learn how to sign the core vocabulary for Adults with Learning Difficulties and how to introduce new signs in your place of work.
You will learn hand shapes to enable you access the whole of the Signalong vocabulary – a vocabulary of over 12,000 signs with published titles covering independent living, hospital visits, and advocacy.
You will also get a copy of this manual.
This course is open to people with no previous experience of signing.
Course provider details
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Member Since: 06/05/2014
Other courses from South Gloucestershire Council
- Housing Related Support: An Overview
- Using iPads with Older People
- Understanding the Context of Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Dignity in Care (3 modules)
- Understanding Loss and End of Life Care