- Based in Bude, Cornwall
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0845 230 6880.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual
In order to be accountable to society, any profession must maintain clear standards against which acceptable practice can be measured. “Competences” are the widely accepted form of measurement for the social work profession, and the subject of this module.
About Social Care Competence
Among the range of topics this Social Care Competence in Practice course encompasses are principles of learning, assessment, understanding the competence-based approach to professional practice, continuing professional development, supervisory process and methods, and the complexities of self-evaluation and agency evaluation.
At every stage in each unit examples are given of the application in practice of the theories, methods and issues under discussion and activities are provided to enable learners to explore in relation to their own experience what may be unfamiliar ideas and concepts.
- Teaching and learning in practice: process and outcome
- Organising the learning experience
- Integrating knowledge, skills and values in practice
- Competence in practice – definitions and debates
- The process of supervision
- Evaluation of practice
Course provider details
- Stonebridge College
- Member Since: 30/01/2015
Other courses from Stonebridge College
- Social Care in Community
- Social Care with Children and Families
- Practising Social Care
- Loss and Social Care
- Health and Social Care (Adults) Diploma QCF Level 3