- Based in Bude, Cornwall
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0845 230 6880.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual
This Social Care With and Within Groups course is designed to give students the skills to develop critical appreciation and knowledge about social work group practice. As the power of the group can be extremely powerful and influential, it is necessary to gain a critical appreciation of the group process so that it does not overwhelm.
Social Work With and Within Groups provides the theoretical framework and skills for effective social work practice and interaction with many different types of groups, including family, community and professional.
In this course you will learn how to best work both as an external facilitator or as a member, and how best to switch from one to another of these positions during your group interaction.
- The Basics of Groups and Group Work
- Working with Professionally Defined Groups
- Working with Family Groups
- Working with Community Groups
- Working with User Groups
- Working with and within Teams
Course provider details
- Stonebridge College
- Member Since: 30/01/2015
Other courses from Stonebridge College
- Social Context of Caring in a Mixed Economy
- Psychological Aspects of Caring in a Mixed Economy
- Drug Awareness Studies and their Applications
- Using the Law in Social Care
- Provision of Activities in the Care Setting