- Based in Bristol
East Midlands,West Midlands,South West,Wales
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0117 3308119.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Two / Three Hours - Depending on requirements.
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
This workshop is run by a practicing registered Speech and Language Therapist who specialises in dementia care.
We will look at the following issues:
- What is communication? How exactly do we communicate and how do we receive information from others?
- The importance of communication. What would it be like to loose the ability to communicate well?
- How dementia can cause breakdowns in communication?
- Working to solve solve communication problems in dementia care.
- How you can improve your communication with the people you work with who have dementia.
- How you can you better understand the ways people with dementia may be trying to communicate with you.
The facilitator of this workshop will be happy to explore the communication issues surrounding particular people you work with.
The session usually works best when it is a forum to share best practice.
Participants are encouraged to discuss what they have found works for them when communicating with particular individuals who have dementia.
The cost of this session is £195 for as many people as you can get into a room!
Course provider details
- Good Communication Group
- Member Since: 09/07/2014
Other courses from Good Communication Group
- Choking Prevention and other Eating, Drinking and Swallowing Problems in the Elderly
- A Guide to Caring for People who have Parkinson’s disease
- Communication Issues in End of Life Care
- A Problem Solving Approach to Communication with Elderly Residents
- A Guide to Caring for People who have had a Stroke or a T.I.A.