- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01454 868963.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: One day (9.30-16.30)
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
This Stroke Awareness one day training course provides employees who support and care for people affected by stroke with relevant information about stroke, so they can develop their knowledge and skills to ensure these meet good practice standards.
The course will cover:
- An overview of the nature of Stroke and TIA.
- Effects and Consequences of Stroke.
- Working with communication problems.
- Stroke – A family affair: Exploring the emotional, practical and social issues for stroke survivors and their carers.
- Life after Stroke’ services in South Gloucestershire.
This course is run by Sally Lockwood and is aimed at adult social care and health staff working in a range of services in South Gloucestershire, in both the statutory and independent, voluntary and private sectors. It is also relevant for nursing staff and other health professionals, and anyone in the workforce who has contact with people who have suffered a stroke and their families.
Course provider details
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Member Since: 06/05/2014
Other courses from South Gloucestershire Council
- Mental Capacity Act Essentials Training (Care Workers)
- Introduction To Contracts
- Introduction to Signalong
- Supporting Adults with Autism and Undertaking Assessments
- Managing Good Practice in Safeguarding Adults Issues