- Based in
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01273 499109.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: CPD hours: 60 minutes
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual
This Substance Misuse e-learning course will enable you to understand how drugs work, how their use affects people and their families and how addicts can be helped to recover.
This Substance Misuse e-learning course is generic and intended for everyone.
Although this course forms part of an induction programme for new starters, it is also intended for all people who want to improve their knowledge and continue their professional development.
About this course
This Substance Misuse e-learning course contains three modules:
• Substance Awareness
• Addiction, Treatment and Good Practice
• Effect of Drugs on the Body and Mind
Upon successful completion of this course you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name, completion date, CPD hours and learning objectives.
The course contains additional resource materials, useful links and a refresher guide.
This course will enable you to:
• Know what a drug is
• Learn the categories that different substances fall into
• Know what a ‘Legal High’ is
• Know what the law is on possession and supply in relation to drugs
• Understand what addiction is
• Learn why someone would become addicted to drugs
• Understand how drugs misuse can affect families
• Learn the signs that someone has a problem with addiction
• Learn the best treatment for addiction
• Know the best practice when dealing with substance abusers
• Learn about drugs that affect the human body and mind
• Learn about the different ways drugs are taken and how this affects the body
• Learn about tolerance and the risk of overdose
• Learn about substance induced psychosis
Course provider details
- Me Learning
- Member Since: 10/09/2015
Other courses from Me Learning
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) e-learning
- Bullying and Cyberbullying e-learning
- Manual Handling – Health, Education and Social Care e-learning
- Child Sexual Exploitation Level 1 e-learning
- Equality and Diversity e-learning