- Based in Sawbridgeworth
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01279 725361.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
The Substance Misuse training course content is generic, but can be tailored to your particular needs. If amendments are required, please give us at least 2 weeks’ notice. All our training material is designed with practical knowledge and experience from qualified trainers with significant care industry involvement.
By the end of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand legislation – legal and illegal drugs
- List substances and their street names
- Describe effects substances have on the body
- Identify the dangers of substance use
- Describe the methods of substance use
- Explain the inter-relationship between backgrounds and effects of substances
- Understand the cycle of change model
- Identify when to involve other professionals
During this course each delegate will be asked to participate in discussions based on the information given and complete course activities and quizzes to show understanding and knowledge.
This Substance Misuse training course is suitable for those who are either presently providing care and support for those who have substance misuse problems, or those who are new to this type of caring role.
Course provider details
- Apple Training Academy
- Member Since: 02/04/2014
Other courses from Apple Training Academy
- First Aid Awareness Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Early Learning and Childcare (Early Years Educator)
- Dementia Awareness Training
- Managing Behaviour that Challenges
- Infection Control Awareness Training