- Based in Newcastle under Lyme
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01782 563333.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
This suction training course is aimed anyone working in a nursing or care environment where a machine is available and suction is required as part of their role.
Suction Training course will cover:
In brief, the course will cover the following:
- Possible risks of suctioning
- Procedure – plus brief infection control talk
- Who might require suction
- Why suction
- When to suction – noticing changes in residents
- Where to suction – sites and equipment
- What is suction
- Practical session
After attending this course delegates will be able to confidently demonstrate a much improved understanding of the needs for suction as well as an improved confidence in their ability to safely use a suction machine. Although the delegates are continually assessed through the session, competency much be signed off within the workplace within 6 months. If you require assistance with this please contact us.