- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01454 868963.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: One day (9.30-16.30)
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
This Supporting Adults with Autism and Undertaking Assessments is a one day course that builds on practitioners’ existing awareness about Autism & their initial understanding of working with adults with Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC).
The day will use the SPELL framework: STRUCTURE, POSITIVE, EMPATHY, LOW AROUSAL, LINKS, and will look specifically at how to undertake effective assessments for people with ASC. After the course participants will have a better understanding of:
- Effective communication strategies.
- How to place the individual at the centre of thinking about autism, and matching support to meet the person’s needs.
- Key laws and policies relating to supporting an adult with ASC and what they mean in practice.
- Sources of further information or advice to aid supporting an individual with ASC.
This course is for practitioner staff whose job role includes undertaking assessments with adults with autism. Such staff will work in a range of agencies in the Statutory sector in South Gloucestershire, particularly in social and health care services, but also in many Independent, Voluntary or Private sector agencies. Examples are: Care Managers, CMA’s, Social Workers, District Nurses, Care Co-ordinators etc.
This course is delivered in line with the Skills for Care Knowledge Set “Supporting people with ASC” and will be made up of tutor presentation, audio visual material, ‘real life’ example, discussion, group exercises and question and answer You will be given a comprehensive set of notes.
Course provider details
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Member Since: 06/05/2014
Other courses from South Gloucestershire Council
- Safeguarding Adults Alerter (Support Staff)
- Promoting Health and Wellbeing in Services for Older People
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Dignity in Care (3 modules)
- Introduction to Signalong