- Based in Bristol
West Midlands,South West,Wales
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 07581 196552.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Two days
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
This course comprises two fast-paced sessions covering the basics of the two most common communication channels with customers. There is a pragmatic theme based on real-life work scenarios, with the delegates taking ownership of the standards they need to follow and the ways they will do this in practice.
By the end of this programme, delegates will be able to demonstrate :
- increased skills in communicating over the telephone and by email
- the behaviours they need to uphold the reputation of their organisation effectively
- greater potential as customer service professionals
These two days are aimed at those who typically see themselves as support workers rather than customer service professionals who want to improve their telephone and email communication skills. They come into contact with service users’ families or prospective new customers and therefore have to uphold the reputation of the organisation through their communication skills, both verbal and written. They are likely not to have completed any recent learning and development in customer care skills.
Day One – Telephone Skills
- The importance of good telephone communication – real examples
- Energiser exercise : how the team communicates
- What image is your organisation aiming for ? What is it that creates an image ?
- Self awareness exercise : emotions and tone of voice
- Personal impact; sounding confident
- Building empathy and rapport
- Staying in control of the conversation
Day Two – Professional Email Practice
- Common principles of communication; selecting the right method of communicating
- Energiser exercise : get out of that
- Can emails convey a tone of voice ? Style points – it’s the way you tell ‘em
- Self awareness exercise : committing the email sins
- The seven essentials
- Hints and tips for “Ronseal” emails
- Managing not coping
- Agree standards : salutation, signature block, layout, style etc
Course provider details
- Lance Cross Business Performance Ltd
- Member Since: 18/11/2014
Other courses from Lance Cross Business Performance Ltd
- I Hate Doing Presentations
- Happiness and Motivation
- Can’t We All Just Get Along ?
- The Secrets of Successful Teams
- It’s Time for a Proper Chat – Appraisal Skills