- Based in Chelmsford
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01245 357132.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Three half day sessions
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual
Do you know something is missing from your activities? I can help. The Activity Therapist’s Intensive Training Bundle allows you to explore the creation and delivery of successful activities with older people.
The online package is run over three sessions via SKYPE with additional support materials provided.
The aim of the course is to give activity providers the skills needed to deliver a complete range of activities with older people.
By the end of the course those who attend will be able to:
1. Identify practical group facilitator skills
2. Develop and evidence the provision of person centered activities
3. Use a range of assessment tools for the development of person centered activities
4. Conduct life histories and create reminiscence sessions
5. Create and deliver a range of activities for those with and without dementia
6. Develop and provide end of life activities
7. Plan and run simple chair based exercise sessions
8. Critically reflect on their own practice and make improvements
1. The creation of a twelve week activity plan for a service user
2. Written theory paper
3. Reflective log
Course provider details
- The Health Care Training Company
- Member Since: 14/08/2015
Other courses from The Health Care Training Company
- Memory Training: Reducing the Effect of Dementia & Mild Cognitive Loss
- Filling Beds (Practical marketing and sales for care home managers)
- Moving and Handling Train the Trainer
- Lone Working Course
- Reminiscence therapy and dementia