- Based in Ipswich
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01473 381444.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Full Day
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning, In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Awarding Body: CPD Accredited Certificate of Attendance and a learning tool.
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Hubbard Way, 2 Civic Drive, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 2QA)
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: 05/01/2017 28/02/2017 08/03/2017
This course is aimed at Nurses and other healthcare professionals who provide care to patients with tracheostomies in the Community. This course is also aimed at delegates/learners who may want to use this course as evidence of a formal CPD Record to their professional body, regulator or employer.
(* This course equates to 7 CPD/Points/Hours)
- To achieve an understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the Respiratory System in relation to tracheostomies.
- Demonstrate confidence and ability to care for a client who has a tracheostomy.
- The respiratory system
- Legislation and National Guidelines
- Code of Professional Conduct (NMC)
- Roles and Responsibility – Areas of Accountability
- Principles of Consent for Treatment
- Risk Assessment
- Types of tracheostomies
- Requirement for a tracheostomy in relation to disease and illness
- Types of Tracheostomy Tubes
- Tracheostomy and suction
- Tracheostomy Stoma Care
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Cleaning of a Stoma and the changing of dressings
- Changing a tracheostomy (referring to local policies)
- Speaking Valve use
- Resuscitation with a tracheostomy
- Managing complications
- Importance of documentation and consent
- Awareness of privacy and dignity
- Practical session
HOW TO BOOK
Book Online (www.locums4care.com)
Complete an Online Enquiry Form (E: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Telephone our Office (T: 01473 381444)
Course provider details
- Member Since: 27/07/2016
Other courses from Locums4care
- Stroke and caring for the patient after a stroke.
- 1 Day Mandatory & Statutory Training for Nurses
- PEG Management Training
- 2 Day Mandatory & Statutory Course for Nurses
- Diabetes Awareness