- Based in Newcastle under Lyme
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01782 563333.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
This tracheostomy care training course will raise awareness, ensure staff have sufficient knowledge to work safely around them familiarise students with the reasons for tracheostomy.
A vital course for any staff who come into contact with service users who have a tracheostomy regularly.
Tracheostomy Training will cover:
- Applied anatomy and physiology
- Infection control and prevention
- Indications for tracheostomy
- Complications of tracheostomy
- Fitting, managing and changing a tracheostomy tube
- Practical session using mannequin
- Communication and care of a patient with a tracheostomy tube
- Developing a patient pathway for a patient with either a gastrostomy and tracheostomy tube
- Keeping accurate records
On completion delegates will be able to confidently demonstrate a much improved awareness of tracheostomy, the needs, causes and requirements. During the practical sessions delegates will have the opportunity to practise their day to day tasks working around the tracheostomy so they can work confidently without risk.
Although competency will be monitored continually assessed throughout the course by the instructor it must be demonstrated within 6 months in the workplace – Please contact us know if you need any assistance in regards to this.