- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01454 868963.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Half day
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
The aim of this Understanding Autistic Spectrum Conditions half day course is to increase awareness of how autism is displayed and why, explore the range of abilities found within autistic spectrum conditions (ASC) and provide information and practical strategies and to promote positive understanding to enable delegates to interact and communicate more effectively with adults with ASC.
This course is aimed at staff working in agencies in the Statutory, Voluntary and Independent sector in South Gloucestershire who are directly or indirectly supporting individuals with autism and people who come into contact with adults with autism in their work. By the end of the course participants will have:
- An overview of the autism spectrum conditions and how it can affect individuals.
- An understanding of how the three main areas of difficulty (communication, interaction and social imagination) can impact on the life of an adult with an ASC.
- An understanding of the varied skills & strengths associated with ASC.
- Practical understanding of how to adapt communication and interaction to best meet the needs of adults with ASC.
- Understanding of the sensory difficulties experienced by adults with ASD
- Information on sources of local support and information
This course is delivered by Rachel Pike, Regional Coordinator, The National Autistic Society by in line with the Skills for Care Knowledge Set “Supporting people with ASC” and will be made up of tutor presentation, audio visual material, ‘real life’ example, discussion, group exercises and question and answer. You will be given a comprehensive set of notes.
Course provider details
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Member Since: 06/05/2014
Other courses from South Gloucestershire Council
- Epilepsy Awareness Training
- Housing Related Support: An Overview
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Health, Safety and Personal Care
- Understanding Loss and End of Life Care