- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01454 868963.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Half day (9.30-12.30)
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
This Understanding Personality Disorders is a half day workshop that aims to provide an opportunity for participants to understand more about the diagnostic category of ‘personality disorder’ in order to better provide services and support that can make a positive difference to people’s lives. It is aimed at all employees and staff and managers of the Statutory, Voluntary and Independent sectors.
This is a workshop that is suitable for participants at all levels, mainly as an introduction to the issues, though it can also provide an update for staff who are already trained / more experienced in working with people with a personality disorder.
It will draw upon personal experiences of receiving a personality disorder diagnosis and up to date evidence of helpful interventions and approaches. This course is facilitated by Suzanne Pearson and will enable participants to:
- Understand what is meant by the term ‘personality disorder’, the different types of ‘personality disorder’ and the proposed causal factors.
- Consider the pros and cons of receiving a diagnosis of ‘personality disorder’ including examining the attitudes of services and practitioners.
- Hear from individuals given the diagnosis of ‘borderline personality disorder’.
- Find out more from recent research and policy guidance about best practice in providing services and support to individuals.
Course provider details
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Member Since: 06/05/2014
Other courses from South Gloucestershire Council
- Health, Safety and Personal Care
- Signalong Foundation Course
- Using iPads with Older People
- Epilepsy Refresher
- Understanding Autistic Spectrum Conditions