- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01454 868963.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: One day (9.30-16.30)
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
This Understanding the Context of Supporting Individuals With Learning Disabilities course has replaced Principles of Learning Disabilities Support.
This unit introduces the principles that are fundamental in supporting people who have learning disabilities and it provides underpinning knowledge towards the relevant aspects of the national adult social care Common Induction Standards
This course is facilitated by Jonathan Coles and is aimed at staff working in agencies in the Statutory, Voluntary and Independent sector in South Gloucestershire, who are working with adults with learning disabilities, particularly (but not only) staff who are new to this area of work. By the end of the course participants will have:
- an understanding of person-centred values.
- an awareness of ways to respect diversity.
- an appreciation of what person-centred support planning is.
- an understanding of the concepts of risk-taking and confidentiality.
Note, participants will also need to attend Module 2 to complete this learning.
Course provider details
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Member Since: 06/05/2014
Other courses from South Gloucestershire Council
- Understanding Personality Disorders
- Using iPads with Older People
- Mental Capacity Act Training Programme
- Communication in Dementia Care
- Stroke Awareness