- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01454 868963.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: One day (9.30-15.30)
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
This Using iPads with Older People course follows on from Activities & Reminiscence training and explores in detail the value of using iPads with older people during activity sessions.
The course will cover:
- The use of iPads during activity sessions
- The versatility of the machines and how simple they are to use
- How to use iPads, including apps, capturing pictures and making videos
- How to communicate with older people about the benefits of the iPad
- How to find apps or content which are relevant to older people
The course is interactive with plenty of opportunities for participants to use iPads and see the benefits for themselves. All participants will get the chance to ask questions and voice any concerns throughout the course.
Please note completion of the Activities & Reminiscence Workshop is required before undertaking this module.
This course is for all adult care workers supporting people in South Gloucestershire in services for people living with dementia, older people’s services, mental health services & learning disability services.
The workshop will be led by Alive! This is a charity with a wealth of experience of running interactive sessions which help stimulate care home residents on all levels – physically, mentally & emotionally.
Course provider details
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Member Since: 06/05/2014
Other courses from South Gloucestershire Council
- Mental Capacity Act Training Programme
- Mental Capacity Act Essentials Training (Care Workers)
- Housing Related Support: An Overview
- Administration of Medication (half day)
- Dignity in Care (3 modules)