- Based in Bude, Cornwall
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0845 230 6880.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual
This Using Theories in Social Care course enables you to think about what theory is and how it relates to social work methods. You will examine how and why theories are developed and how they apply to the practice of social work.
You will gain an understanding of how theories and methods can be evaluated, compared and contrasted, and thus best applied to your work. In these twelve units you will explore in great detail many of the current theoretical applications being utilised in social work practice today.
- Making sense of theories and methods of social work
- Anti-discriminatory theories in practice in social work
- Using psychodynamic theories in social work
- Using crisis intervention and task-centred theories in social work
- Using behavioural theories in social work
- Using cognitive theories in social work
- Using systems theories in social work
- Using theories based on social psychology in social work
- Using humanist/existential theories in social work
- Integrating theories and practice in social work placements
- Using radical theories in social work
- Using theories of advocacy and empowerment in social work