- Based in Northamptonshire
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0800 012 6085.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 09:30 - 16:30
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Venue Option 1 - Location: London
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: 28th September 2016, 26th October 2016, 7th December 2016
- Venue Option 2 - Location: Brighton
- Venue Option 2 - Dates: 6th September 2016, 16th November 2016
- Venue Option 3 - Location: Manchester
- Venue Option 3 - Dates: 7th September 2016, 3rd November 2016
- Venue Option 4 - Location: Newcastle
- Venue Option 4 - Dates: 20th October 2016, 8th December 2016
What’s covered during the day?
This session will cover the theoretical and practical aspects of Venepuncture. The tutor will build on your understanding; including tutor-led activities, group discussions, practical demonstrations as well as practice simulations and practice related questions. Competency documents will be referred to throughout the course and a simulated competency assessment will be completed before the end of the session allowing delegates to return to the workplace and put to practice what they have learnt, until deemed competent within their organisations guidelines and protocols.
- Understand what Venepuncture is and common reasons for the taking of blood
- The equipment needed for venepuncture
- Anatomy of venepuncture sites
- Procedure for carrying out venepuncture
- Common complications and what to do
- The importance of infection control
A simulated competency assessment will take place at the end of the session, supervised by our Tutor. A Certificate of Attendance will also be issued, valid for 3 years.