- Based in Ipswich
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01473 381444.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Full Day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Awarding Body: CPD Accredited Certificate of Attendance and a learning tool.
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Hubbard way, 2 Civic Drive, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 2QA
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: 11/01/2017 21/02/2017 06/03/2017
Course Code: LVC101
This course is aimed at Nurses, Healthcare Assistants, Doctors and Phlebotomists who have the responsibility of taking bloods and inserting cannulas. Upon successful completion of this course, delegate(s)/learner(s) may want to use it as evidence of a formal CPD Record to their professional body, regulator or employer. (* This course equates to 7 CPD Points/Hours/Credits)
- At the end of this course, participants should:
- Be able to use the correct equipment to undertake any canulation and phlebotomy.
- Be confident to take bloods and cannulate safely.
- Be confident to communicate effectively with the patient regarding the procedure they are undertaking.
- Definition of Phlebotomy and Venepuncture
- Professional Practice, accountability and Competency.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Identification of veins suitable for phlebotomy
- Contraindications and unsuitable veins
- Assessment of and communication with patients
- Obtaining informed consent
- Health and safety: Potential complications
- Infection control and safe disposal of equipment
- Familiarisation with equipment used locally
- Practicing obtaining a venous blood sample from a teaching model
- Practicing cannulation on a teaching model
- Appropriate documentation of procedure
HOW TO BOOK
Book on line (www.locums4care.com)
Complete an Online Enquiry Form (E: email@example.com)
Telephone our Office (T: 01473 381444)
Course provider details
- Member Since: 27/07/2016
Other courses from Locums4care
- Medication Management Training
- Tracheostomy Care in the Community Training
- Basic Life Support Training (BLS)
- Stroke and caring for the patient after a stroke.
- PEG Management Training