- Based in Northamptonshire
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0800 012 6085.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Half Day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
What’s covered during the day?
This course will be delivered by one of our leading tutors who has many years of experience within the field and is aimed towards Qualified Nurses who may have a responsibility to verify that death has taken place. The first part of the workshop will examine policies and legal aspects of verifying death, look at untoward incidents and also discuss what support should be available to staff who verify death. The second part of the course surrounds the competence required to carry out this procedure. It consists of a written assessment and a practical assessment of the skills needed. A pass mark of 80% is required on the written assessment and participants must be able to demonstrate the practical examination of a body.
- Define the term expected death
- Appreciate the differences between verification and certification
- Know the legal issues, documentation and record keeping requirements
- Demonstrate the correct procedure for detecting the absence of vital signs
- Be able to discuss the needs of patients and carers in the management of expected death
A simulated practice within the learning environment will be performed, using a dummy. A knowledge assessment test will be undertaken. This will enable the participant to complete a formal competency within the workplace. A certificate of attendance will be awarded.
Course provider details
- Ashfield Consultancy Ltd
- Member Since: 16/05/2016
Other courses from Ashfield Consultancy Ltd
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Oral Suctioning
- Behaviour that Challenges & Meaningful Occupations
- Venepuncture 1 Day Course with Simulated Competency
- First Aid & Basic Life Support