- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0117 958 2070 .
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 3 hours
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
This working at height training course course is aimed at managers and supervisors who are responsible for planning, managing organising work activities at height, as well as those who carry out the work activity.
The course will cover:
- An overview of working activities involving risk of injury from working at height
- Actual cases & examples of criminal & civil litigation
- The occurrence of bad practice in the workplace
- Legal responsibilities and HSE video guidance for;
- Planning work at height (appropriate for managers, team leaders, supervisors and operatives)
- The actual need for supervision of work at height
- Organising work at height, including selection of most appropriate (safe) equipment
- Selection of appropriate access equipment and need for formal inspections
- An overview of the Working at Height Regulations and need for risk assessment
- Basic hazards and factors affecting risk, including individuals perception of risk
- Main precautions to prevent falls and falling materials
At the end of the session participants will understand ‘Duty Holders’ responsibilities and be able to identify the hazards of working at height and describe safe working practice for all the common forms of access equipment.
On completion of the working at height training course participants will be awarded a certificate of attendance.
Course provider details
- Acorn Health and Safety
- Member Since: 24/04/2014
Other courses from Acorn Health and Safety
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- Basic Life Support for Adults, Children and Infants
- Manual Handling Load Training
- First Aid at Work Annual Refresher
- Food Safety Training