- Based in Northamptonshire
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0800 012 6085.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 09:30 - 16:30
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Venue Option 1 - Location: London
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: 12th October 2016
- Venue Option 2 - Location: Brighton
- Venue Option 2 - Dates: 28th September 2016, 23rd November 2016
- Venue Option 3 - Location: Manchester
- Venue Option 3 - Dates: 12th August 2016, 4th November 2016
- Venue Option 4 - Location: Newcastle
- Venue Option 4 - Dates: 27th October 2016, 6th December 2016
What’s covered during the day?
Delegates will achieve a better understanding of the factors that affect wound healing rates. They will revisit the anatomy and physiology of the skin and will have a greater understanding of wound care products; how, why, when, where and what to use and when products are contraindicated. Delegates are advised to adhere to the local wound formulary (if there is one in place) and our tutors will explain generically what each category of dressing does and when it should or should not be used. The training course should enable the delegate to manage the majority of chronic and new minor wounds competently in order to promote healing rates.
- understand anatomy & physiology of skin, it’s structure & requirements to be healthy
- recognise the different types of wounds & their classifications
- identify & understand the different methods of wound closure, their phases & factors that can affect successful wound healing
- discuss & recognise the importance of effective assessment & documentation of wounds & wound care
- recognise and achieve the ideal wound healing environment & wound bed preparation
- develop knowledge & understanding of dressing products & make suitable selection for wounds
Delegates will be assessed continuously throughout the session by the Tutor in order to be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.